VitalMAX boosts mental and physical vitality. It combines nutrient-rich Klamath algae which has a proven history of health benefits (see below) with a specific extract from the algae and natural ionic minerals to support physical energy, mental focus and concentration. Feelings of tiredness and fatigue will be replaced with a steady flow of energy throughout the day and sounder sleep at night.
Directions: Take 1-2 capsules two or three times a day with food as required.
Children under 12 years: half the adult dose.
VitalMAX has been recommended by Health Editors at Healthy & Organic Living, Positive Health, Health & Fitness and ZEST magazines, and The Sunday Express
1) Klamath AFA, a blue-green algae known as “the best brain food on the planet” provides a concentrated source of all the nutrients the body and brain needs to function optimally. Klamath enhances all brain functions including cognitive function, memory, clarity of mind and general feeling of wellbeing.
As the most nutrient-dense food on the planet, AFA provides 14 vitamins including the full range of B vitamins, 27 naturally occurring or essential minerals, and 11 pigments some of which are precursor to other vitamins. It contains high quality protein that is 95% absorbed, hence it is a potent source of all 20 amino acids vital for brain function. Klamath also contains the broadest range of carotenoids including alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, lycopene, cryptoxanthin and aphanin, as well as a myriad of enzymes, coenzymes and chlorophyll. AFA also contains bioflavonoids, RNA, superoxide dismutase, catalase, glutathione, selenium, and cysteine, making AFA one of the highest known sources of naturally occurring anti-oxidants. In addition AFA has a high concentration of chlorophyll, necessary to cleanse and detoxify the blood and thousands of enzymes, which help the body regenerate and prevent illness.
2) An extract from AFA with a high concentration of Phenylethylamine (PEA), the neuro-amine produced naturally in the brain when we feel happy, calm and focussed. PEA is a neuroregenerative molecule which improves attention, mental acuity and mood and enables brain cells to better communicate in critical areas that are vital for concentration, memory, motivation and movement.
3) Natural ionic minerals which are better absorbed than synthetic versions.
Klamath blue-green algae or Aphanizomenon flos-aquae (AFA) is a wild blue-green algae harvested from the cold, clear waters of Upper Klamath Lake, Oregon, USA. As the most nutrient-rich food on the planet, it has been used as a supplement for over 30 years to:
- correct nutrient deficiencies
- boost the immune system
- increase energy and sense of wellbeing
- repair cell damage
- improve mental focus and concentration
- normalise blood sugar/lipid levels
- clarify and sharpen eyesight
- promote strong nails and hair
- protect skin and body from the effects of radiation
Klamath AFA contains; 20 amino acids, 28 minerals and oligoelements, 14 vitamins and the essential fatty acids omega-3 and 6 (in the optimum ratio of 2:1). It is a particularly rich source of vitamin B12, providing 200% of the RDA in 1.5 grams and is therefore a valuable supplement for vegetarians/vegans.
Extremely rich in anti-oxidant molecules AFA not only supplies the most important endogeneous anti-oxidants (SOD and glutathione), it also has the highest beta-carotene content of all known foods, which is fully assimilable, since it is available in both its cis and trans forms and in a balanced manner. Importantly, the beta-carotene found in AFA is part of the full range of carotenoids present i.e. alpha, gamma, etc as it has been shown that only a complete range of carotenoids produces a powerful anti-oxidant action and beta-carotene alone paradoxically produces an oxidising effect.
Also important is the high concentration of pigment molecules which are biochemically important to life. The two most important are chlorophyll, necessary to cleanse and detoxify the blood and phycocyanin, a powerful anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory molecule. AFA also contains thousands of enzymes, which help the body regenerate and prevent illness.
Rich in molecules necessary for the manufacture of neurotransmitters, AFA is one of only two foods known to contain significant quantities of phenylethylamine (PEA), the amino acid we naturally produce when we feel calm, happy and joyful. PEA has specific neuro-regenerating properties and is responsible for increasing brain attention, mental acuity and improving mood. PEA has been coined the “love molecule” by scientists since the molecule flows in abundance when we fall in love. Long-distance runners also have naturally high levels partially explaining the anti-depressant effect of endurance exercise.